[CQ-Contest] recording contests

Rich K2WR k2wr at njdxa.org
Sat Dec 15 18:51:43 EST 2007

As consensus seems to be developing here for the idea of recording contest audio for future reference, some of our higher-tech participants question the relevance of magnetic tape technology in this regard, while others disclaim technology entirely, in fact virtually swearing that they can't, won't, and never will, resort to computer logging, relying instead on paper (no doubt hand-ruled), and pencils (only mechanically sharpened).  I'm sure these individuals only utilize radio equipment of a corresponding level of technology.

Therefore I assume our contest operators include Russians using Orion II's and Elecraft K-3's to transmit and USB memory sticks to record, along with Americans using UW3DI transceivers to transmit, and 78-rpm record cutters to record.

Rich