[CQ-Contest] Contest Popularity

f6irf at free.fr f6irf at free.fr
Mon Feb 5 07:09:38 EST 2007

>I'm astonished that the CQWW SSB and CQWW CW DX Contests don't make this list.
>73 Steve K0SR

Hi Steve,
For info the figures for the CQWW 06 are the following (counted from the "CQWW
logs received" page)
CQWW SSB 2006:  4365
CQWW CW  2006:  4336
I am sure someone will find the figures for the previous years...

Comments:
- Not a surprise, to see that CQWW remains the most popular of them all...
- For CQWW, not much difference between CW and SSB; Happy to see that, although
not required anymore for accessing HF bands, CW remains a popular sport (except
from CQWW all "single mode" contests in the top-ten are CW ones).
- Also happy to see the RDXC in good place... Considering the dynamism and the
young blood available over there, sure it will continues going up !
- To be noted also: RTTY-contests participation continues to progress(although
the progression seems slowing down a bit...)
For example for the WPX-RTTY
2005: 1256
2006: 1284

73's and CU in ARRLDX-CW fm CN2WW