[CQ-Contest] Contest Popularity

Ted Bryant w4nz at comcast.net
Mon Feb 5 18:01:15 EST 2007

Randy, K5ZD, has some interesting statistics on his web page from his compilation of the "Super
Check Partial" database ( http://www.k5zd.com/scp/index.html ).  As he notes, this information is
from logs submitted for contest activity within the past two years to keep the data "fresh".

This may partially answer Rick's musings about "unique" players in contests.  I tend to agree with
Ken that a considerable majority of licensed HF operators probably could be considered as
"inactive". In that regard, I also have to believe that if you consider "active" amateurs, the
Contesting Community's niche may actually be much larger than you think.

73, Ted W4NZ