[CQ-Contest] Get me the bandplan cops - RTTY on the low end of 40!

Doug Smith W9WI w9wi at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 12 09:38:19 EST 2007

On Sun, 2007-02-11 at 20:28, K6VVA wrote:
> The AWESOME QSY rule was not designed for any disruptive or evil
> purposes.  In fact, the rule has several Virtues:

I did notice many incidents of Sprinters calling CQ on occupied
frequencies without so much as a ?.  FAR more than in any other contest.

I will sheepishly admit to having done so twice myself, due to having
the wrong radio selected.  With the frentic pace of Sprint, mistakes in
general seem a LOT more common.

I am not convinced all the cases were inadvertent though.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66