[CQ-Contest] [NCCC] Annual Suggestion

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Mon Feb 19 21:41:34 EST 2007

John K1AR, wrote:

> If we introduced a 36-hour group, a subset of those operators who  continue
> to "lose" in their newly created category would want to parse  it further. It$
> an endless downward spiral.

Based upon comments in support of such a venue, maybe THEE solution is not a separate category, but as N3BB suggested, to go the route of WPX, etc. and max the SO time at 36 hours.

Let's see:  WPX, SS, CQP & others have SO time limits out of the total event hours, so an established precedent exists for such a venue.

However, God Forbid anyone screw with the existing 48 hours for the M/S, M/2 or M/M categories, and I in no way advocate any changes thereto.

73...

Rick, K6VVA