[CQ-Contest] Changing categories

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Mon Feb 19 22:06:06 EST 2007

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007, Yuri VE3DZ wrote:

> Worked one well-known contester today, who was part of the DX multi-op team
> in the last weekend's contest. When I asked what category they were in he
> refused to answer saying that they won't reveal it until after LOG's
> submission deadline, so the competitors "won't have a chance to adjust and
> change their categories".
>
> Is this something new? I know some people NEVER post their scores on 3830...
> Should we all who attempt to make top ten NOT do this?

There is a practical solution to solve this problem.

Just as NAQP & Sprint teams must "Register" before the event, any SO, M/S, M/2, or M/M entry seeking to submit a post-event log in hopes of winning something needs to "Register" their category status with the Sponsor up to a One Hour cutoff before the checkered flag starts.  If logs can be submitted electronically, so can registration be done.

Out of the Country?  Not a problem...have a Stateside pal do it for you after your on-air sked 1.1 hours before starting time.

73...

Rick, K6VVA