[CQ-Contest] Maximum Time Limit for S/O

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Tue Feb 20 08:12:11 EST 2007

If you made it a subordinate class within the contest, it is hard to see why the sponsors should object, except for the NIH syndrome.

A few years ago, a few friends and I tried to set up a 24-hour Challenge during CQWW.  Our idea was to conduct it and issue a plaque totally separate from the CQ contest, except for relying on their final checked scores to determine the winner (we would have calculated the time ourselves).  In preparation for it, we conducted a poll on Contesting.com, and by a 2:1 margin the ops who responded indicated that having such a class would increase their participation.

The reaction from the CQ group was succinct - hell no.  THAT's the real hard nut to crack.

73, Pete N4ZR