[CQ-Contest] Russian DX contest

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 10:22:09 EST 2007

Guy Molinari wrote:
> Hi all, I'm thinking about trying the Russian DX contest this year.  How is
> the activity level?   Rates?  I can't say I remember hearing what the bands
> are like during this one.

Take a look at the 2006 results ( http://www.rdxc.org/results/2006/results.asp )
and think about who you are likely to be able to work in 2007.

I really like the rules for this contest, but for those of us in the western
USA, it's a non-event. At this point in the sunspot cycle, we work only the big
gun Europeans on any band, USA activity is poor - mostly eastern USA running
Europe, and JA activity is even worse.

It might be fun in a few years when the sunspots return.

73,
Steve, N2IC/5