[CQ-Contest] Jay Seven Oh Jay - so...are you changing your log?

Ward Silver hwardsil at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 15:21:44 EST 2007

> What would the ARRL advise?

If, *during* the contest, you thought to yourself, "Gee, I bet I mistyped 0
for O in that call" or made a note in the log to review all "J7O/0J"or
something like that, then go fix the calls.  You caught it during the
contest and while you probably should have used some down time to go back
and check, it seems reasonable to me to do that editing.  I repeat - only
because it was detected between 0000Z Saturday and 2359Z Sunday.

If you are only today going, "Hmmm, wonder what I entered for that call
sign?" the simple answer is BZZZZZTT!  If you didn't get it right during the
contest or at least made a note to "Change all X to Y" in the log...hey,
pal, the contest is OVER.  Live and learn - get better - watch your
fingers - there's another contest waiting right around the corner.

This is discussed at http://www.arrl.org/contests/hf-faq.html in section 2b.
Or maybe not 2b.  That would be the question.

73, Ward N0AX