[CQ-Contest] LQP Log Receipt Problem

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Mon Jan 22 13:24:29 EST 2007

Please excuse the bandwidth, but I just found out this morning there was a problem with my ISP (now fixed) that had been limiting some email file sizes to a ridiculously low level.  This apparently nuked some incoming LQP log submissions and also resulted in bounce-backs.

Additionally, there were over 1,000 new s p a m and v i r u s laden emails in my ISP's Postini filter for me.  Logs from W6SC and W6KY were retrieved from this mess.  A plethora of new email forgeries of 3 of my domain names (including k6vva.com) has also wreaked havoc.  Mr. Murphy (via his Net Criminals) also strikes off-air.

The LQP Claimed Scores will be updated tonight to include new additions/resubmits from W9RE, K6XX, W0YK, VE3NBJ, K6DGW, K6MM, VA3NR, W6SC, & W6KY.

Hopefully, any remaining logs to come before the 1/24 deadline will flow through correctly.  Submissions MUST adhere to the requirements in the http://www.k6vva.com/lqp Rules because of manual processing needs.

For the next LQP, I plan to implement a web-based PHP/MySQL reporting system to eliminate all the #&^! email related problems.

Tnx & 73...

Rick, K6VVA