[CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 49, Issue 31

Hershel L. Kreis, Jr. w4tmn at verizon.net
Mon Jan 22 13:26:03 EST 2007

> After 13 hours of flying and being sick yesterday, I finally got a chance to look at some contest-related email.  Wow.
>
> I've received not one, not two, not three, but four emails asking me to confirm name and state information from the NAQP.  Obviously what they heard in the contest does not match what they're seeing on qrz.com so they're "confused".  I'll guess that either 1) I'll delete them or 2) tell them the day after the logs are due.

Rich, I personally thought it was funny to get you as "that name"
instead of Rich as I know you.  I know that I did a double take before I
called you as I heard you working someone else.  The call was familiar,
but the name threw me.  I, like you, was fighting a cold, so I listened
to one more QSO before I jumped in.  You using that name was no
different from the CO stations last year using "Bronco".   I personallly
use "Lee" instead of my first name because it is much easier to spell
and keeps me from having to repeat the spelling over and over.  I threw
WX3B and W4MYA for a loop because those guys know my real name and they
had already typed it in .  To those who are confused or just didn't
listen to you, that is their loss.   They should not be massaging their
logs anyway.

Again, Rich, I want to applaud you on your creativity.

Hershel
W4TMN

*GO PVRC!!!*