[CQ-Contest] Please DO SOMETHING!

Martin Monsalvo, LU5DX lu5dx at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 18 08:46:53 EDT 2007

Dear contesters:

  If I am not wrong, the usage of packet cluster is totally forbiden during the IARU HF Championship.

  I participated in the SOAB CW HP class. Single radio, just a tribander, a 4M40 and a loop for 80 mts.

  I did my best to catch as many mults as possible using the "in band" dual reception of our IC 781.

  Not having 160 also did not help in increasing the mult total.

  But anyway that is not my point. If you take a look at the DX claimed socres, you will see some mult totals that really will catch your attention. I mean, how is it possible for a single op, single mode, to work only 9 mults less than the best of all the Multi Single stations (in terms of mults). I really do not get it! I really hope to be wrong, and I will accept if someone gives a logic explanation about this numbers. I mean maybe they are totally possible, but if you think a little bit..... Multi Single: one more mode, a lot more listening capabilities, etc. Vs Single Op (even if it is SO2R), on mode less, a lot less listening capabilities.....

  I beg the organizers to double check for possible packet cluster abuse. I really love to go SOAB Assisted, but in this contest it is not allowed, so that one have to use only the radio(s). I really do not believe we all were doing the same way!.

  73
  Martin, LU5DX

  Martin, LU5DX
  www.5bits.hamfun.com