[CQ-Contest] ARRL "endorses" cut numbers

Rex Maner k7qq at netzero.net
Wed Jun 6 10:18:53 EDT 2007

I Rembember in the Early 1950's when in the Military  that our Radio
Operator on a Weather Recon aircraft used exclusively Cut NR's  however
They were the expected for the WX information,  When A large number of US
expect the FULL blown number in and exchange and the cut nr arrives,  Some
of us scratch our  head, ( I say that because of being Hair Impared) and
have to ask for a repeat of the number.  CAusing  a loss of time for Both
Op's in ALL  cases.   The HOT Shot  CW contester has more to loose than
many  of those who ask for the repeat.

Quack