[CQ-Contest] ES OPEN 2007 Results

Tonno Vahk tonno.vahk at mail.ee
Mon Jun 11 12:48:21 EDT 2007

Hi,

we are happy to announce that the results of ES OPEN HF CHAMPIONSHIP 2007
are ready and you can find the results and also detailed UBN files and
Soapbox file with all comments on ERAU web page www.erau.ee in ES Open
Contests > ES OPEN HF Championship section. Direct link to results and
detailed scores is:

http://www.erau.ee/modules.php?op=modload
<http://www.erau.ee/modules.php?op=modload&name=Info&file=index&req=viewarti
cle&artid=201> &name=Info&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=201

Direct link to PDF file containing all the stations' logs with all errors
and explanations (check it out!!) is:

http://www.erau.ee/docs/ES_Open_UBN_2007_ENG.pdf

Direct link to PDF file with all Soapbox comments from participants is:

http://www.erau.ee/docs/ES_Open_2007_Soapbox.pdf

We are very happy that foreign participation was biggest ever this year (83
logs received from non-ES stations). Foreign winners were:

A-MIXED: YL7A was the champion with historical achievement breaking 200 QSO
barrier for the first time by non-ES station. Juris made 217 QSOs and he was
followed by Arvis, YL7X and Gunars, YL2GD who both also broke LY9A's previos
QSO record.

B-SSB: Jan, 5P1D (previously OZ1ADL) did it again! He won SSB category third
year in a row! 2nd place went to Sergei, UA3LHL who operated LP! And 3rd was
Karlis, YL2CI.

C-CW: Algirdas, LY7M is the king here. He dominated the CW category for also
the 3rd year in a row. Competition for 2nd place was quite tough and
Romualdas, LY2CQ finished less than 100 points ahead of Normunds, YL3DQ.

Zigurd, YL2PJ was the best LP station and he recieves the special trophy
from LRSF.

D-Multi Op: We congratulate Vitebsk school club station EW6WA for taking the
first place in this category! They left RK3XWO on the second place.

E-SWL: The best SWL this year was Vladimir, R3A-847.

Special trophies to the winners and diplomas will be sent out soon! See you
next year in ES OPEN 2008!

73

Tonno

ES5TV