[CQ-Contest] ARRL CCE

Kenneth E. Harker kenharker at kenharker.com
Wed Jun 13 11:24:24 EDT 2007

     The ARRL's Certification and Continuing Education (CCE) program
offers a variety of course in Amateur Radio topics.  These include
license courses, ARES courses, and technical courses about topics like
electronics, antenna modelling, antenna design and construction, and
propagation:

     http://www.arrl.org/cce/

     Two courses listed in this month's QST caught my eye, as they are
not about a technical topic or ARES. EC-005 "HF Digital Communications" and
EC-008 "Life Beyond the Repeater" are both primarily about operating.  I
wonder could/should there be a CCE course for radio contesting?  The other
two operating classes are typically 20-25 hours of instruction over
8 weeks, including required activities (i.e. getting on the air or
installing and using software, etc.), at a cost of $65-95.  Would there be
demand for a course like this?  Is this the next logical step beyond
Contest University at Dayton?

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker at kenharker.com