[CQ-Contest] IARU - Join Us

Ed Sawyer sawyered at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 16 07:59:58 EDT 2007

There has been A LOT of discussion on this reflector about the
"incapability" of many to be competitive in 48 hour marathon contests.  The
suggestion has been made that 36 or 24 hour "categories be established".
Well, here is a HUGE DX contest that is 24 hours for everybody.  Marathon
lover or not, this one is only a 5K guys.

So, to all who have asked for it in CQWW and ARRL DX, I would say, HERE IT
IS....just like you asked for, a 24 hour event with lots of rate and DX.

Please demonstrate your true interest in the categories discussed and DO THE
24 in IARU.  There would be no better argument for looking at the terribly
long 48 hour events than to show the statistics that the shorter 24 hour
event of IARU is growing rapidly with competitive entrants...there must be
something to this 24 hour thing....

I look forward to the "post contest" and interest heightened because at
least for one contest a year, currently, that which is being asked for,
exists.

I will be enjoying the FULL 24 from here at my QTH, I hope that you do the
same.

Ed  N1UR