[CQ-Contest] IARU - Join Us

Steve Harrison k0xp at dandy.net
Sun Jun 17 12:25:13 EDT 2007

At 08:15 AM 6/17/2007 -0500, Zack Widup wrote:

>What I would really like to see happen is the 40 meer band expanded down
>to 6900 worldwide, and either move CW into the new 100 kHz letting the
>digi stations move down to 7000, or let the digi stations have 6900-7000.
>
>Will it happen?  Chat fance?

All the radio manufacturers would be delighted; they'd get to sell
thousands of new HF radios.

All we who still use good ole radios with bandswitches would be mainly SOL
and POed to high heaven  ;o\  ;o\  ;o\  There could be conversion articles
on some.

Why move the band DOWN: why not UPWARDS?? I.E.: Expand the phone band
upwards so the diggers and Rattiers can move back up where they were.

Neither will happen since the military and others still have allocations on
both sides.

Steve, K0XP