[CQ-Contest] IARU - Join Us

Jim Rhodes k0xu at iowadsl.net
Mon Jun 18 21:35:43 EDT 2007

Maybe that is how you operate, but how do you justify extending that
to MOST operators? It certainly hasn't been my experience. And if you
think 40 is bad, wait till you hear 80 this fall. The FCC is driving
us civilized RTTY ops down further in the band and forcing us to mix
with the CW rabble.

At 03:31 PM 6/18/2007, hank  k8dd wrote:
>And ..... RTTY ops generally (notice I said generally, not always or
>usually) don't listen aurally to a frequency - it's kinda like they
>don't see much on their little display and they just plop their little
>alternating frequencies that are 170 Hz apart and start calling.
>
>Kinda frustrating when they get down below 7030, but then that's when
>it's time to go to 30, 18, or 12 meters!

Jim Rhodes K0XU
jim at rhodesend.net

Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone.