[CQ-Contest] Packet debate

Doug Smith w9wi at w9wi.com
Fri Mar 16 12:42:57 EST 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 10:28 -0400, Ed K1EP wrote:
> So, I have a TX with an indoor antenna here in W1-land along with a remote RX in VK-land.  A VK station has a TX in VK with a remote RX here in W1-land.   No need to restrict remote receivers??

OK, so you turn on your remote receiver in Australia, and hear YB0XYZ
blasting in on 7015KHz.  So you turn on your transmitter - 100w and
indoor antenna in New England - and call the YB0.

Really think he's going to be able to hear you?

OK, let's say YB0XYZ has a remote receiver in the next town in New
England - so he *can* hear you and you *do* get the QSO.

How many *other* DX stations are you going to find where you have a
remote receiver in their backyard and they have one in yours?

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN  EM66