[CQ-Contest] Remote Site Contesting Rules - Getting out of hand

Ev Tupis w2ev at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 18 14:57:21 EST 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: Paul J. Piercey p.piercey at nl.rogers.com

To me, it's all about working the operator and not the radio. If your radio is in Timbuktu and you
are in Texas, you're still an N5 no matter how you slice it.

I think that the operative here is. "To me, ..."

To contest sponsors and governmental authorities - within the context of this thread - the place where the RF comes from carries the weight.  I would be in just as much trouble operating in-person from the "radio quiet zone" at Aricebo as if I was in New York operating a remote transmitter at Aricebo. :)

Ev, W2EV