[CQ-Contest] 419 band pass filters..... can a heverivierdutycoilbe installed ??

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Wed Mar 28 17:27:07 EST 2007

I think Keith hit the nail on the head.

If K3LR has S/N 001 on each band of his W3NQN filters, I must have SN
002 or at least be in single digits.  These are the preferred filters,
hands down, at K8CC.  Only one failure, when one of my ops ran RTTY with
a FT-1000D at full dwarp through the W3NQN filter into an 80M antenna
cut for SSB :-(  You'd have to see how complicated my switching setup is
to understand how that could happen...

Still, when you're operating away from the permanent QTH, the Dunestars
or ICEs with six bands in one box is the hot setup mechanically.  But in
my experience with them, neither works as well as W3NQNs.  The Dunestars
seem to have more insertion loss, and the inter-band isolation is not as
good with the ICEs.

Dave/K8CC