[CQ-Contest] Cut Numbers

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 19 02:37:00 EST 2007

Yes, Eric. I messed up and that also.

The post was bad humour on my part. I had heard a station giving what I
thought was a cut-number in a callsign and wanted to draw attention to
it. I would never use cut numbers in a callsign myself. Two people have
heard my recording and whilst one agrees the guy was sending V instead
of 4, the other says it is 4. I have just listened to the recording
again and tend to think it is a 4. It was sent at 35+ wpm.  Looks as
though I owe the guy and apology!

73 Chris G3SJJ