[CQ-Contest] Remote Contesting - Final Reply

Richard Thorne rmthorne at suddenlink.net
Thu Mar 29 19:53:23 EST 2007

The last couple of days have been very interesting with all the opinions
on this one.

Heres my stand on this.

1 - The FCC has rules in place that govern remote STATIONS, I'm
following those rules.
2 - Contest rules and DXCC rules already address STATIONS.  I'm
following those rules.
3 - Those of you against remote STATIONS (and there are only a few of
you if you haven't figured it out yet) are hoping for new rules to limit
or stop remote operations, good luck with that.

4 - The most important one.  I'm having a blast and I'm glad I can
operate with a decent signal because I've put the time in to advance the
hobby.

I'm off to test some remote software so I can be better prepared for my
next needed DXCC entity or contest.

73,

Rich - N5ZC