[CQ-Contest] Remote Contesting

steve.root at culligan4water.com steve.root at culligan4water.com
Thu Mar 29 21:29:35 EST 2007

>If some are keen to "remote" in a contest, fine. But the rules should
>stipulate that all the radios, antennas, and operators are within the same
>contest multiplier entity: WAZ Zone, DXCC Country, State, Province, etc,
>whichever is smaller.
>
>Jim Neiger N6TJ

I don't know that this is necessarily a requirement. It's more important that the rules stipulate that you will be competing against other stations in the same geographic location as your remote station. In other words, if somebody in Wisconsin builds a remote station in New Hampshire, then he's competing with other stations in New Hampshire. This has to be true; if the actual location of the operator is irrelevant (as the remote-station enthusiasts insist) then only the location of the station matters. Other Wisconsin operators suffer no disadvantage since they aren't competing directly against the remote station, and New Hampshire operators (based on current state of the art) should be able to out perform a remote station.
73 Steve K0SR