[CQ-Contest] Counting DC as a Multiplier

asciibaron at comcast.net asciibaron at comcast.net
Wed May 23 07:38:47 EDT 2007

> This is nothing more that the same tired "level playing field"
> argument.  If you don't like the contest rules seek to create
> a new category/multiplier/etc.  Why not have a separate multiplier
> and category for every entrant?

it's not a level playing field issue, it's an issue of competing against stations who live in a different state.  why does Rhode Island get to be a separate mult - it's small and could easily be part of Mass.  Mass isn't even a state, like Virginia, Kentucky, and Pennsylvania, it's a commonwealth.  why do they get to be mults?  DC is it's own political entity separate from Virginia and Maryland, yet it's lumped into Maryland as a mult.  I guess I shouldn't be complaining since the last time i tried to work W3DQ i had to do it on a land line.

the question then becomes, what are the criteria for determining what makes a mult?

W4TV - are you worried you won't be able to work all the mults?  why so dead against letting those in another "state" be counted the same as you?

-Steve, WM3O