[CQ-Contest] technical challenge

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Mon May 28 13:21:05 EDT 2007

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sun, 27 May 2007 19:05:40 -0500 (CDT), Zack Widup
 <w9sz at prairienet.org> wrote:

>We never had the capability until internet, so I agree ... why not use it?

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

Perhaps I'm missing something. My question is, why use it? Why would
you want to know other scores while the contest is still on? The only
score that's important is the one at the end, and then only when
validated by the contest sponsor.

Were I a sneaky type, which I am not, I would be tempted to post an
inflated score in hopes of discouraging other guys and making them
give up. Or just the opposite: post a low score and get them
overconfident and lose motivation. Later, I would admit to a "mistake"
in scoring.

I dunno... even if accurate, it just doesn't seem worth doing.

Bill W6WRT