[CQ-Contest] Who has "pitched it in"? [was: technical challenge]

Ev Tupis w2ev at yahoo.com
Mon May 28 20:23:20 EDT 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: Mark Beckwith n5ot at n5ot.com

> Knowing other peoples scores during an event
> adds excitement and motivates us "non top-10ers"
> to "eek out" a few more QSO's before
> packing it in.  It's fun. :)

I'm not sure this statement represents everyone, Ev.  There are plenty of
times where someone has pitched it in after learning that the op they were
chasing was so far ahead of them, they threw in the towel rather than
"eeking out" a few more QSOs.

Ok, I'll take the bait.  Who has "pitched it in" because of being behind on a real time scoreboard?

My money is on the belief that more people are positively motivated than those who are negatively motivated.  Chime in, please, list!

Ev, W2EV