[CQ-Contest] Circle Jerks

Dale Putnam daleputnam at hotmail.com
Wed May 30 19:28:20 EDT 2007

Seems to me that one could Gerrymander about any club to win any contest. And the result is that someone somewhere can have braggin rights to what? The truth of the matter is quite simple.. straightforward, and very very easy to assess.
Answer one... only one, and just this one question: Why is my very own score better or worse than last running of same contest? Analyze the answer... deep and thoroughly. Then and only then can one actually gain anything from adding someone elses score to an advantage. To what end? Why to improve yourself above someone else, with no expense or cost, of course. And if it doesn't get you better the first time, change the rules to add someone else in to make you better anyway.
  Oh, my club is a 3500 mile circle. Everyone that enters the contest will be a member of my club. All the scores will be added to mine. And when it is all done, and best of all said.... the question that will be answered: Is my score taken by itself, any better than last running of the same contest?

  Another approach would be, all the complainers or suggestion makers, move to somewhere west of the middle of Nebraska, and hush up and contest.--...   ...--
Dale - WC7S in Wy