[CQ-Contest] Assistance & Entry Status

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Mon Nov 5 18:25:24 EST 2007

--- "Paul J. Piercey" <p.piercey at nl.rogers.com> wrote:

> I have been trying to understand why a group as seemingly competitive as
> contesters would even think of spotting stuff for their rivals to benefit
> from. They spend small (or large) fortunes setting up hugely elaborate
> stations in order to beat "the other guy" and then turn around and tell "the
> other guy" where the points are.

We are not just competing "mano a mano", but also as part of contest clubs, and
spots benefit all the club members.

I remember the days when links between certain packet networks (like YCCC and
FRC) were taken down just before a world-wide DX contest started, then restored
later.  Ah, the good old paranoid days.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C/Ø, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us