[CQ-Contest] Assistance & Entry Status

Paul J. Piercey p.piercey at nl.rogers.com
Thu Nov 8 12:05:29 EST 2007

Hi Bob,

Yeah, it isn't going away any time soon.

Personally, and not to swell Gerry's head to much, I think the realtime
scoreboard would be an excellent tool for the casual contester to get a
little "kick in the pants" by seeing other casual guys on there and trying
to keep up with them, pass them, etc. Perhaps a few guys in one area having
a mini-competition between themselves. They don't have to be contest leaders
but can have friendly matches. That's how I see it. I don't expect to be
beating any of the megastations anytime soon but at least I can see how
other guys with similar set ups to me are doing and try to beat, or at least
keep up with, them.

73 -- Paul VO1HE