[CQ-Contest] A Contester's Dilemma, or when is it necessary to take the fall for someone else?

John Geiger n5ten at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 14 13:04:05 EST 2007

Hi Dennis

It is both stations' responsibility to assume that the
QSO is complete.  If you didn't copy all of the
information for the other station, then by the
definition of the contest rules it isn't a completed
QSO, and they can't take credit for it or get the
multipier.  The station having trouble copying needs
to either keep asking for repeats, or just say
something like SRI SRI, LATER or something like that.

If you didn't copy all of their information, it isn't
a completed QSO, regardless of what the other station
thinks.

73s John AA5JG