[CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes SSB

Ken Adams K5KA k5ka at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 20 17:40:48 EST 2007

Wow!  That was a very good level of participation and it sure was nice
to hear all those checks of 06 and 07.  Perhaps you will all give CW a
try in 2008.
With the lack of reliable conditions on 10 and 15, 20 meters was packed
with stations every 1.5kc or so.  Still, qso's were being made.

This year there was quite a bit of activity on 160 meters.  This is sort
of new ground for SS Phone and we should all be aware of the ARRL band plan.
You can find this here:
http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/bandplan.html#160m
As you can see, we should try to stay above 1.845 or so, and there is
plenty of room up there.  There were a couple of stations below 1.830.
That is prime topband DX terrain and should be avoided.  It was nice to
see everyone utilizing our extended privileges on 80 meters.

I hope everyone had fun !  Remember the log deadlines are Dec 5 for CW
and Dec 19 for SSB.  Thanks to everyone who got on the air.

73, Ken K5KA
Sweepstakes Contest Manager