[CQ-Contest] NCJ Contesting on a Budget for Nov-Dec

paulkb8n at aol.com paulkb8n at aol.com
Mon Sep 24 09:19:30 EDT 2007

Here is the "Contesting on a Budget" topic for Nov-Dec NCJ:  Scrounging, Scheming and Stockpiling – keeping that old piece of gear on the air.  Many of us have an older amplifier, transceiver, rotor, or accessory that we just hate to part with.  What steps do you take to keep it working?  What types of spare parts to you stockpile?  How do you inspect and/or test your gear to head off problems before they occur.  Tell us about you most cherished treasure and what you do to keep it going!

I am on a trip to Montreal this next week, and I have access to email.  Please try to get me your inputs by Wednesday, Sept 26th, as I have dispensation from the Pope (Carl) to get my input to him by Friday.

Thanks in advance!

73,  Paul, K5AF