[CQ-Contest] USB to Serial Adaptors

John Unger w4au at verizon.net
Wed Apr 9 16:56:43 EDT 2008

I don't know if it's the best, but I bought a 4-port, model PL-4COM
USB->serial adapter from Byterunner. It's a small box with 4 9-pin serial
connectors and one SUB connector; no dongles. It works FB with all my
computers running XP Pro. Power comes directly from the USB port, and I
like this approach better than a PCI card because I can use it on my
laptops as well as on my "big" computer. It seems to play nicely with my
logging software, etc.

Of course, YMMV, as they say...

73  -  John, W4AU