[CQ-Contest] CQWW contest log submission question

kr2q at optimum.net kr2q at optimum.net
Mon Dec 1 13:26:32 EST 2008

Dink asked:
[snip]
I ran SB/20 this weekend. However, I also got on
Friday night and did some 40M work when 20M died.
I kept two separate logs.

1) Do I just send in my 20M log and be done with it?
2) Do the log checkers care about those 40M Q's (>100)?
    a) if so, what's the preferred way of resolving the issue?
[end snip]

I am soooo glad you asked.

I usually give a disclaimer on my posts here, but this time I will do the opposite.  I will
absolutely cite that this comment is NOT 'my opinion' but represents my response as a
long-standing member of the CQWW Contest Committee (over 30 continuous years now).

Always, in ALL cases, submit a SINGLE entry (one attachment) for each callsign used.

One of the BIGGEST issues we have in "correcting" submitted logs are from those folks who
submit more than one time, under the same call.  We (CQWWCC) require that the entire, single
log be submitted as a single unit, EACH TIME you submit your log.

When you submit a second time, using the same callsign, your 2nd (or 3rd, 4th, etc.)
submission OVERWRITES the all the other submissions from you.

If you were "monoband" and submitted that first, and then submit your "other bands," all we
end up with is "the other bands."  This causes HUGE problems because your log now causes
a NIL (not in log) for everybody who worked you on your chosen band of entry.  We can spot
these a mile away.

We have to go back to the Robot, find your other submissions, and piece them together.  This
is a HUGE time sink for us.

The key is to clearly define your CATEGORY OF ENTRY in the .cab header.  That's what we
use.  If it says, "20 meter monoband," your log will be scored that way, irrespective of what
other bands may be included in your entry.

Additionally, if you send us "an addition" to your log, again, it overwrite your log.  If you found
that, for whatever reason, your submission "left out" a band or a even just one qso, resubmit
THE ENTIRE LOG (the caps are for emphasis, not "yelling").

Hope this helps....it will sure help "us."
de Doug KR2Q
CQWW CONTEST COMMITTEE