[CQ-Contest] Feedback on 160m Test Log Analyzer...

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at pclink.com
Fri Dec 12 18:03:33 EST 2008

Hello Contesters,

I added a feature to the ARRL 160m Log Analyzer and would like some feedback regarding the workbook performance.

I added a new worksheet for each log. They list the first 100 callsigns found in your log for each ARRL/RAC Section. For example, if you worked 5 stations in Alabama, this new worksheet will display their callsigns on the Alabama row. You will see each Section is a row on this report. The callsigns appear in the order you worked them, left to right.

It was necessary to create a VBA macro to reduce the complexity of the formulas needed to mine this data. You will see a warning message whether to enable macros when you open the workbook. Answer yes, otherwise the new worksheets will not be processed.

The feedback I would like is when you import your log(s) is the length of time to process these new reports acceptable? Second, are the first 100 callsigns adequate for this report? Could there be less? Should there be more?

Here's the link to the 160m Test workbook for download. It's a 6.3 Mb file so it might take some time to download it. Consider this a "beta" version. It has a short name to signify its status.

http://tinyurl.com/67qymp

Thanks!

73 de Bob  - KØRC in MN