[CQ-Contest] Wearon F1 Icephobic Coating

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at pclink.com
Tue Dec 23 02:28:07 EST 2008

Stan,

I am curious about the Wearlon Super F1, icephobic paint and wonder whether
it would create a 'super slick' surface if it were applied to a tower? In
other words,
create a climbing hazard if it were applied to keep ice buildup off a self
supporting
aluminum tower.

I use a product called Cage Shield on my parrot cages and it creates an
extremely
slippery surface, therefore nothing sticks to the bars. This spray product
has to be
reapplied periodically as it is not weather proof. I'm thinking the
principle is the same.
http://www.dogtrainingstore.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM=KMCS8

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN