[CQ-Contest] TS930 Repairs - WHO?

Paul Erickson va7nt at telus.net
Tue Feb 5 13:51:05 EST 2008

>I asked this question in November but can't find the responses I received.  Now
>that I'm back in the USA for a few weeks I
>want to get the TS930 back-up rig fixed so that I can take it to HK.  Who
>repairs 930's?   My problem is that in the CW
>Narrow position I get no audio output otherwise the radio works perfectly.
>Filters are installed correctly and the correct
>diode was cut so I don't know what to do.
>
>Tony  W4OI/HK1AR

Tony, check the solder connections on the pins for the narrow cw filter. I had a similar problem with
a Ts940, and it turned out to be a solder bridge between a couple of pins shorting the audio to ground.

As to repairs, Clif Holland at http://www.avvid.com/

Hope this helps.

cheers, Paul - VA7NT - email: va7nt at telus.net

"Those who hear not the music, think the dancers mad."

“Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil.” - Thomas Mann

"That state which separates it's warriors from it's scholars will have it's thinking done by cowards and fighting done by fools" - Thucydides - The Pelopenisia

"The Malice of the wicked is reinforced by the weakness of the virtuous." - Churchill