[CQ-Contest] "best practices"

Paul T. Antos wb2abd at roadrunner.com
Fri Feb 22 19:29:54 EST 2008

snip
Him:  "G3LGK"
Me:  "3LGQ 5NN WV"
Him:  "G3LGK TU 5NN100"
Me: "G3LGK TU N4ZR"
snip

I was in the process of posing the same question. It seemed like the practice of correcting ones call could use a discussion. What I do is send
DE WB2ABD 5NN exch , thinking that the DE MYCALL would alert the other station to tab back into the callsign field. Or I might just opt to send my call again with no exchange, but that takes longer. I know if I try to do it after the exchange is sent, the other station just might assume everything's OK, and jump on the TU button prematurely. I'll probably have to pay the divil to get his attention again.

I also like to send the other stations call first , especially if I construe that nearby stations might think I'm calling them.
So this is a good question.

Paul WB2ABD