[CQ-Contest] Evolution of the ARRL DX Exchange

JAMES HEADRICK W3CP at CHARTER.NET
Sat Feb 23 13:37:03 EST 2008

Pete,

The email from Chas, as I received it, did not have those weird strings
(â?ooooâ?) in it.  It was nice for him to give us that history and a bit of
the sponsor's purpose.

73,  Jim  w3cp

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pete Smith" <n4zr at contesting.com>
To: <W6UM at aol.com>; <cq-contest at contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2008 11:28 AM
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Evolution of the ARRL DX Exchange

What's up with the dramatic increase in the number of messages with no
paragraph breaks and weird strings (â?ooooâ?) in place of normal
punctuation, and even apostrophes?  It makes messages dreadfully hard to
read, and frankly leads me often to ignore what may be useful views or
information.  An example is below.

73, Pete N4ZR