[CQ-Contest] FW: Getscores.org Changes/Improvements...

David Robbins K1TTT k1ttt at arrl.net
Fri Jan 18 14:36:05 EST 2008

> Andy, you just hit my fundamental objection to GetScores.  I completely
> missed the CQWW SSB opening on 10 meters this year.  I heard stations
> working guys, but didnt work any of the Sporadic E into Europe.

If you heard guys working Europe, but didn't get tipped off by the
scoreboard, how did you know to be listening there???

>  Had a ham
> been looking at W3LPL's or KC1XX's or K1TTTs scores and saw rapid
> movements in 10 meters, do you think that peson could have dumped radio 2
> on 10 meters or moved to 10 all together?  Absolutely.

GREAT!  The more activity the better!  any station that is competitive would
know to be listening there just in case it opened, apparently like you did.
Anyone who had no idea and had to notice it by watching the score website is
not a competitor, they are someone we want to get on the air to get more
points FOR the competitors!  Just like the casual guys that see activity on
a band on packet and gets on to work some new countries or states.

I think the best term for a single op who needs to watch the scoreboard, or
packet spots, or some other real time info source to know what band they
should be on was coined by k1dg... 'single op distracted'.  And the more of
them we can get on the air the more fun and contacts there are for everyone!

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net