[CQ-Contest] FW: Getscores.org Changes/Improvements.

Alfred Frugoli alfred.frugoli at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 15:02:54 EST 2008

Ken,

On Jan 19, 2008 11:10 AM, Kenneth E. Harker <kenharker at kenharker.com> wrote:
       Would the availability of a real-time scoreboard have altered our
strategy/tactics?  Quite possibly.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this.  How exactly would it have altered
your strategy?  Seeing K5TR's q or mult totals vs yours?  Knowing which band
he was on?  If you knew which band he was on and could see his rate, would
you have chosen to make a move?  Might you have spent more time listening on
the band he was on?  You each decided on a different path, both of which
were fairly sound strategic decisions.  I think the less sound strategy
would include spending time investigating some information you got off the
internet scoreboard.

In any "singles" sport, real-time stats are of little use to the
competitors.  They just don't have the time to process the information and
still stay on the top of their game.

Post scores.  Turn on your webcams, and let the world see how much fun
watching a contest can be.

73 de Al, KE1FO