[CQ-Contest] FW: Getscores.org Changes/Improvements.

Kenneth E. Harker kenharker at kenharker.com
Sat Jan 19 11:10:37 EST 2008

On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 12:26:36PM +0000, David Robbins K1TTT wrote:

> ah, so you didn't have a plan to effectively monitor 10m, so you are not one
> of those who is really playing to win.

I think it's disingenuous to suggest that if someone makes a mistake
when operating a contest that they were not operating to win.  The one time
I've come really close to beating K5TR in a head-to-head unassisted single op
contest was last year's WPX phone.  On Sunday afternoon, George decided to
try to push 15 meters to get something new out of it while I stayed with
20 meters.  I got a short opening to Europe (when we hadn't had one all
weekend) and almost caught up to him because of the new multipliers.  He
still beat me by a small margin, but I think it's safe to say that we were
both doing our best to maximize our scores - George had the high QSO total
for W/VE single ops that weekend.  Would the availability of a real-time
scoreboard have altered our strategy/tactics?  Quite possibly.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker at kenharker.com
http://www.kenharker.com/