[CQ-Contest] FW: Getscores.org Changes/Improvements.

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Sat Jan 19 08:41:39 EST 2008

I think Randy and Ed have pretty well substantiated my point.  Dave is
probably right, and posting band-by-band breakdowns would not *actually*
give your competitors a leg up.  But if the objective is to persuade
contesters to try real-time score posting, it doesn't matter what the facts
are.  So long as they think that posting band-by-band breakdowns *might*
help their competition, many won't take the chance.

The remedy is simple - provide a check-box in the score-posting application
(as Writelog already has) to send or withhold breakdowns.  That way. I'm
confident that more users of other logging software will try posting their
scores in real time.  After they get used to the idea, they may well decide
that sending the breakdowns doesn't do any harm.

It's all about selling the idea of real-time scoreboards - nothing else.

73, Pete N4ZR