[CQ-Contest] Getscores.org Changes/Improvements...

David Robbins K1TTT k1ttt at arrl.net
Tue Jan 22 17:01:01 EST 2008

> What if you're running guys on a wide-open 15m but you don't want to miss
> 10m opening? All you need to do is keep running on 15 and then watch a
> multi-multi's real-time breakdown and see when they start logging qsos on
> 10, and that's when you might start popping up there to see what's going
> on
> in your area.

Got a spare radio and it isn't already listening on 10m????  seems like a
tactical blunder to me to start with.  And no single op who sees the m/m
start logging stuff on 10m is going to 'start popping up there' if they have
any intention of winning.  If they have that 2nd radio and know how to use
it and 15m is the best band to be running on then they are using that 2nd
radio to find mults on 20m, and occasionally tuning up to 10m to listen to
me cq to see if anyone is answering...  so they hear me running w1 thru w4
passing out zone mults, that gives them more info than seeing my qso count
go up on 10m, and in less time.

> It is receiving outside assistance that is the problem.
>
> Bob W5OV

is listening to the competition, or a m/m beacon cqing, outside
assistance???

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net