[CQ-Contest] SO vs. SOA definition re Skimmer

K0HB k-zero-hb at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 4 10:54:26 EDT 2008

Duane,

Your proposal spells the death of SOA, because with Skimmer in my station
who needs packet?

73, de Hans, K0HB
Just a boy and his radio
--
 ><{{{{*>    http://www.home.earthlink.net/~k0hb

I don’t have a dog in the HF contesting fight, but what happens with this
issue here may very well set the tone for what happens in the VHF+ world in
the future. There I do have a kennel full of dogs. Anyhow this is my
suggestion for defining SO vs. SOA:

2.1. Single Operator: One person performs all transmitting, receiving, and
logging functions as well as equipment and antenna adjustments.

2.1.1. All equipment used for receiving, decoding, or the locating of
signals must be wholly contained within the station’s location.

2.1.2. Use of spotting assistance or operating arrangements involving other
individuals, DX-alerting nets, packet, Internet, or uses any other means
that extends beyond the station’s location is not permitted.

2.2. Single Operator Assisted: One person performs all transmitting,
receiving, and logging functions as well as equipment and antenna
adjustments.

2.2.1. All equipment used for receiving, or decoding of signals must be
wholly contained within the station’s location.

2.2.2. Use of spotting assistance including those not physically located at
the station location is permitted.

Duane
N9DG