[CQ-Contest] Use of di-di-dah-dah-di-dit in CW Contest

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at pclink.com
Fri Jun 6 13:44:02 EDT 2008

But Mike, pressing the F4 or F1 button will eliminate the problem you
stated. Answering with a "?" only compounds the issue and can trigger the
"machismo reflex". If it's your frequency, F4 or F1 lets the other fellow
know it immediately.

BTW, I don't use "?" to check a frequency... that IS bad operating practice.
"QRL?" a couple of times is the proper procedure.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN