[CQ-Contest] The Skimmer Rule Challenge

Ron Notarius W3WN wn3vaw at verizon.net
Wed Jun 11 12:51:42 EDT 2008

Well Joe, I agree with you...

But it's pretty obvious from some of the discussions/flamefests that we've seen lately (and before) on this (and other) subject(s), that there are many who would DISAGREE with you on exactly what the term "Assisted" means in the context of the operating contest station environment.

Until there is, if not agreement, then a cease-fire over exactly what the term is supposed to mean, and in what context... trying to define the role of Skimmer and similar devices within the concept of the SO/A station will ultimately fail.

And that's just over exactly what is or isn't an "assisted" station; we haven't even touched on exactly what or how Skimmer et. al. are actually being used!