[CQ-Contest] Crowne Plaza Reservations for 2009

John T. Laney III k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jun 17 08:33:30 EDT 2008

Reservations for Crowne Plaza for Dayton Hamvention (May 15-17, 2009)
opened at 8 AM today.  Despite what they may tell you at the hotel, the
800 # for Crowne Plaza can't make the reservations.  You must call the
Dayton Crowne Plaza (937) 224-0800 and ask for "Group Sales
Department."  (Don't ask for "In House Reservations as in the past.)
Within that department, you must speak to "Misty."  Someone else may
take your name and number for Misty to call.  I was very doubtful, but
she did call back within just a few minutes and I made my reservation
with her.  As usual, three nights minimum.  They will charge the first
night to your credit card now.  You can get a refund by canceling by
April 22, 2009.  I didn't try the on-line reservations, but that might
be a possibility:  http://www.cpdayton.com.