[CQ-Contest] Public access to logs

N7mal n7mal at citlink.net
Sun Mar 2 00:06:45 EST 2008

I would like to suggest we stay with the original topic regarding this
ARRL policy about rejecting QSOs for credit if a log is published. My
question
is how serious a problem is this.?. How many people(documented) are
'B.S-ing' their call into a log to get a card.?. How many people have
actually been caught doing this.?. In other words is this really a serious
problem or the ARRL throwing it's weight around. I think once you submit
your contest log to CQ(or whoever) you no longer have any liability, you're
not the one who published the contest log.
The ultimate solution, for contest logs, is mandatory submission to L.O.T.W.
There are no 'gray' areas with L.O.T.W. You are either in a log or not in a
log, there's no negotiating. If the contest station copied your call wrong
'SORRY you loose'.
It has been pointed out this is not the first time this subject has been
brought up. I've yet to see any definitive proof there is a problem with
contest logs. It would be nice if someone from the ARRL could enlighten our
group with some facts/figures. Then if an adjustment to the policy is needed
it can be addressed at that time.
Again my -2cents worth.
73

MAL